Welcome to Twila Reid School!
Hello Twila Reid families; my name is Dr. Rebecca Lynch and I am excited to serve as the Twila Reid School Principal! At Reid School, we believe in giving every child a chance every single day to reach their full academic, social and emotional potential. We believe that parents are important partners in supporting students on their academic journey as they learn to be reflective and engaged learners.
Twila Reid School, home of the Rams, is beautiful campus adjacent to Twila Reid Park in West Anaheim. Educational excellence is our goal for each and every student; our exceptional staff works diligently to ensure success for all of our students.
At Twila Reid School, we focus on teaching the Common Core State Standards. We use the Go Math curricula and Benchmark Advance English Language Arts curricula.
Reid School's Reopening on Monday, August 9, 2021
I'm very excited to announce that Reid School will return to a regular schedule of in-person learning when school resumes on August 9, 2021. Please know that we will take every precaution to keep your children safe at school following health guidelines in place when we reopen.
The state recently released the Updated California Department of Public Health guidance for K-12 schools. As a reminder, COVID-19 health requirements are set by state and county health officials, and school districts are required to follow the guidance in order to operate in-person instruction.
This new guidance updates previous versions in a few important ways and makes it possible for all students to return to a full in-person school schedule. These updates include the following:
- Face masks are a mandatory requirement for students while indoors at school.
- Staff in a school setting are required to wear a face mask when sharing indoor spaces with students.
- If a person is exempt from wearing a face mask due to a medical condition or if a face mask cannot be used for instructional or developmental reasons, the person must wear a non-restrictive alternative such as a face shield with a drape on the bottom edge.
- Face masks are not required (optional) while outdoors at school, including before and after school, during recess, during outdoor PE classes, and at lunchtime.
- Face masks will be required while students are riding the school bus to and from school.
- Physical distancing is not required as long as other mitigation measures, such as the universal wearing of face masks, are fully implemented.
- Masking indoors also greatly reduces quarantine restrictions for anyone who may be exposed to COVID-19 as long as they remain asymptomatic, reducing interruptions to in-person instruction.
- The CDPH will continue to assess COVID-19 conditions and determine no later than November 1, 2021, whether to update the indoor mask requirement.
After the new guidance was announced, the state made additional comments that created confusion about the masking requirements. The District has since clarified with state and county health officials that the indoor masking mandate is the same as last year.
We will continue to monitor health and safety guidelines from our state and local agencies. If you have any questions or need support, our school office staff will be available from 7:45- 3:00 on all school days. We hope you and your family stay healthy and safe. Reid Rams ROCK!
Reid School's Instructional Program
Our instructional strategies and practices are also aligned with the Common Core State Standards. Twila Reid staff members provide our students with a high caliber learning experience in a caring and nurturing environment so that students feel valued and respected. We desire that all of our students develop and maintain a love for learning! Mastering academic vocabulary, becoming a fluent reader with analytical thinking skills, and learning to communicate through writing are critical to a student’s continued success in their educational journey! These skills will be stressed in all classrooms and at all grade levels as we continue to equip our students to build for their future success.